- Professional Webinars: Live and Recorded
- Professional Seminars: at Yale University
- Onsite Workshops: at your Facility
- Professional Consultation
*Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view all of our options
Our signature Parent Management Training courses are now available online! They consist of two two-hour webinars over two days. Webinars, or online seminars, can be completed from the comfort of your home or office. As a result of attending Part I, participants will be able to: set-up positive reinforcement programs to strengthen pro-social behaviors; teach parents to use mild, effective punishment techniques to decrease mild to severe aggression; and help parents increase overall child compliance. Part II of the training covers: setting up and maintaining effective positive reinforcement programs; helping parents reduce their child’s annoying behaviors; training parents to elicit desired behaviors through shaping; and improving parent-child interactions. The workshop is approved by the American Psychological Association and the National Association of Social Workers to sponsor continuing education credits. Participants are encouraged to register for Part 1 and Part II and will earn four continuing education credits for each. Part I and II are the equivalent of our live Basic Training. For those professionals who are interesting implementing PMT in their clinical practice and have already completed our Basic training, we offer advanced webinars. All participants of the advanced webinars will receive eight continuing education credits.
Upcoming Webinar Dates: Please call 203-432-5898 and ask for Erin to register!
Basic Part I $225
- October 15th & 17th 2013 12-2 PM EST
- December 3rd & 5th 2013 12-2 PM EST
Basic Part II $225
- October 22nd & 24th 2013 12-2 PM EST
- December 10th & 12th 2013 12-2 PM EST
- January 28th & 30th 2014 10AM-3PM EST
Webinar Workshops for your facility $350 an hour
Pre-recorded Downloadable Webinars $350
Recorded PMT Training Webinars are also available for purchase from the Yale Parenting Center. Please contact Bernadette Lecza, MS, CKPMT (203-432-9883) for details.
*Only Basic Webinars available at this time
Professional Seminars: Live (In-Person)
Parent Management Training: Basic $500
This two-day training workshop is held on campus and great for those who want that “face to face” experience. It is designed for professionals who are interested in implementing Parent Management Training (PMT) in clinical practice. The training covers PMT Sessions 1-6 in depth (both Part I & II of the online training), with extensive presentations, troubleshooting sessions, and opportunities to practice techniques in role-plays. The workshop is approved by APA and the NASW; upon completion, participants will earn 8 Continuing Education Credits.
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
Dates to be anounced
Yale University Campus * Kirtland Hall
2 Hillhouse Rd, New Haven, CT
10 AM – 4 PM
Parent Management Training: Advanced $500
This two-day training workshop is held on campus and great for those who want that “face to face” experience. It is designed for professionals who are interested in implementing Parent Management Training (PMT) in clinical practice. The training covers PMT Sessions 7-10 in depth, with extensive presentations, troubleshooting sessions, and opportunities to practice techniques in role-plays. Professionals also learn the art of helping their clients to use these strategies consistently. The workshop is approved by APA and the NASW; upon completion, participants will earn 8 Continuing Education Credits.
Upcoming Workshop Dates:
Dates to be announced
Onsite Workshops (local only) $350 an hour
Our Certified Specialists will come to you! If you have multiple professionals in your organization who would benefit from our training, contact us to inquire about a private training session.
Become certified in the use of Parent Management Training! Learn how to use this evidence based program and significantly increase your client success rate. You will be able to effectively teach your clients the strategies and dramatically improve the behavioral issues affecting their families. As an added benefit, you the clinician will be posted on our website as a certified specialist in your area. The entire process can be done online or in person. For more information, see our FAQs page.
Download our registration form here: KPMT Certification: KPMT_Certification2013
We now offer two types of consultation for professionals:
- Consultation to those professionals who have been trained in Dr. Kazdin’s PMT and are trying to maintain fidelity to the program. You can join our group discussions and hear the answers to questions others are asking. It is a great opportunity to gain feedback about a family, a point chart you have set up, or aggression of a client that continues. Supervisions are held weekly on Mondays at 11:00 EST. Call now or email us to find out more or to register.
- Consultation for any professional who may be struggling with their own client’s success but has not been trained in Kazdin’s PMT. This is a great opportunity for nurses, pediatricians, psychologists, social workers, teachers, or anyone who has the capacity to connect with the parent of a child who has behavioral issues.
Please contact Bernadette Lecza, MS, CKPMT at 203-432-9883 for more information
If you work with children or parents, your clients deserve evidence-based methods that are proven to be most effective with children. Kazdin Method SM Parent Management Training has an almost 80% success rate in significantly improving behavior problems in children diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Conduct Disorder. Kazdin PMT has also been shown to:
- Increase positive family relationships (Family Environment Scale)
- Lower depression and other symptoms of psychopathology in parents (Beck Depression Inventory, Hopkins Symptom Checklist 90)
- Decrease stress in the home (Parenting Stress inventory)
- Improve peer relations because PMT changes their anti-social behavior (Peer Inventory Scale)
Here’s what our participants are saying!
“I just want to say that this has been a fantastic webinar. The quality of the teaching is top-notch and the method of learning was superb. It was every bit as valuable and useful as being in a classroom. Thanks so much!”
– Susan Maxwell
Fellow at Children’s Hospital of Boston
“I’ve participated in many webinars and this by far is the best one I have attended. You folks are engaging, the training is lively, and you really know PMT.”
“What a wonderful training! The strategies are practical and easy to use. Everyone should be using PMT!”
“Excellent training – great presenters who clearly know technique and are experienced”
“We (Children’s Trust Fund) will definitely bring this training program to other program staff”
“This training was a wonderful way to enhance my skills both personally and professionally – thank you”
“These four days were great. New ideas for how to work with parents to engage in a positive way with children”